All policy and practices will fall under the following intents.
- Vision for Learning: An engaging vision for 21st Century education based on social, economic, moral and personal learning imperatives guides Abbey and its community.
- A Framework for Learning: A coherent approach to building traits that affect how people go about learning drives learning in Abbey and its community.
- Teaching Methodologies: Learning opportunities intrigue and motivate learners, develop effective learning habits and enhance content acquisition.
- The Learning Environment. The Learning Environment is used constructively to promote positive learning behaviours and reinforce messages about the nature of learning.
- Parents, Governors and Community. Abbey works in partnership with parents and carers to develop learning dispositions.
- Evaluating the impact. Tracking and authenticating the growth of learning dispositions (with regard to when, where and how well they are used) builds learners’ motivation and informs learning design.
- A Language for Learning: A rich language of learning recognising its emotional, cognitive, social and strategic dimensions permeates learning across Abbey and its community.
- Leading innovation in learning. Leadership for learning throughout Abbey supports innovation, experimentation and risk taking, building individual independence and responsibility.
- CPD policy and strategy. CPD policy and strategy embraces a range of professional learning activities that stimulates and supports communities of enquiry and research in the promotion of effective learning habits for all.