In 2014 90% of Abbey College students who applied to University got into their first or second choice. Throughout the academic year students are given quality information, guidance and support to make their Post 18 options. The support package includes-
- Higher education open evening
- Post 18 options day
- Careers convention
- Visits to and working with Universities
- Connexions facilities and adviser
Important Dates (2015 entry)
- Mid September – Applications can be sent to UCAS.
- 15 October – Application deadline for the receipt at UCAS of applications to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge and for all medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine and veterinary science courses.
- 15 January – Application deadline for the receipt at UCAS of applications for all courses except those listed above with a 15 October deadline, and art and design courses with a 24 March deadline.
- End of February ‘Extra’ begins, which is a second opportunity to apply to individual universities for students with no current offer.
- 24 March – Application deadline for the receipt at UCAS of applications for art and design courses except those listed with a 15 January deadline.
Further University information and dates when decisions need to be made by can be found at UCAS
Details of how to apply can be found at www.gov.uk/studentfinance .
Helpful information and guidance from Student Finance England can be downloaded using the download links in the sidebar of this page.